March 12, 2009

Anika Moa


I fell madly in love with Anika Moa's latest album during the two weeks I spent back home recently.

It's a gorgeous, summery treat: a perfect accompaniment to a lovely (but oh so brief!) holiday with family and friends.

You know when you have the stereo on in the background, though, and you really only give half an ear to the music? It wasn't till I got home (having been gifted the CD by my brother's boyfriend -- such a nice man) that I took a closer listen to the album. And I am now, well and truly, without a doubt, under its spell.

The disc in its entirety is a beautiful thing.

But the last third of the album? That's really something else.

You know when you hear a song and it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up? Sends a frission right the way up your spine, and then down again?

The two songs that I'm about to play do exactly that to me. I am quite honestly -- and quite thoroughly -- floored by these songs.

Here then, and without further ado, are "Standing in this fire" and "Thinking about tomorrow":










[Anika Moa - MySpace] [Buy Anika Moa's music at Smoke CDs]

0 comments:

Post a Comment