September 6, 2008

Luis Vargas - Tranquila


In keeping with our recent vacation, I've decided to haul out an old, old favourite of mine.

And no matter how many times I hear it, it has a most curious and embarrassing effect on me: I am unable to restrain myself from singing along loudly, passionately and wholeheartedly -- in tortured, mangled Spanish.

Dubious, yes. But an unabashed pleasure nevertheless.

It's a laid back summer-with-the-car-windows-rolled-all-the-way-down,
radio-turned-all-the-way-up, sing-along-at-the-top-of-your-voice kind of song.

And while, technically, it's from the wrong country (the singer is from the Dominican Republic), it's a sound we heard again and again while in Mexico.

So, here it is -- "Tranquila" by Luis Vargas:










[More on Luis Vargas] [Putumayo - Republica Dominicana]

2 comments:

Beth said...

And Mexico treated you well?

"Tienes que conocer, lo bueno y lo malo..."

Anonymous said...

It was a blast. As in, a veritable furnace...!

Yes, very hot, but very fun. We had a great time...

And I see you lived it up in Londre aves les monstres furieux...

Post a Comment