May 23, 2008

Sia


I first heard Aussie singer Sia Furler on the haunting Zero 7 tune Distractions.

That song still has the power to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

None of her solo work has had quite the same impact on me, but I've found myself following her career over the years, simply because I find her voice so unique and gorgeous.

Plus she makes it all look absolutely effortless.

Here she is for a live performance on the KCRW radio show with Nic Harcourt, singing "The Girl you Lost to Cocaine" (with the added bonus of some unusual chair dancing):



The tune is from her latest album Some People Have Real Problems, (which unfortunately, and quite possibly, has the worst cover art of all time.)

In person she seems unpretentious, bubbly and thoroughly charming.

Here's another personal favourite from her latest album, the Zero 7-esque "Beautiful Calm Driving":










[Sia - MySpace] [Artist website]

4 comments:

Beth said...

Ah yes! I am hoping to meet her when I head to New York, because, according to a mutual friend, she's as fun as she sounds.

Anonymous said...

Oh hell -- jealous now! You have to promise to tell me all about it after the fact...k?

Beth said...

Oh yes, yes, yes! I promise to post pictures, name drop and brag my happy little butt off!! :) Now, just to get to New York...

Aurora said...

i really like sia - breathe me, natale's song, the bully etc

Post a Comment